I am associate professor at the Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies (FAMNIT) at the University of Primorska in Koper, Slovenia. I aim at improving personalized services (e.g. recommender systems) through the usage of psychological models in personalization algorithms. To achieve this, I use diverse research methodologies, including data mining, machine learning, and user studies.
If you are further interested in my work, please download my CV.
- I was just awarded the Italian habilitation of Full Professor both for the sectors ASN 01/B1 - INFORMATICA and 09/H1 Sistemi di elaborazione delle informazioni
- Interview for the Russian business portal RBK on cognitive and behavioural user modeling https://youtu.be/p-HVFER9Kd0
- The video of my keynote talk at the AI Journey conference in Moscow is available at this YouTube link.
- Together with Li Chen and Bruce Ferwerda I am editing the focus section Psychological Models for Personalized Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) in Frontiers in Psychology (Impact Factor 2.129) and Frontiers in Computer Science. Submission deadline: 03 March 2020
- I will give an invited talk at the AI Journey conference in Moscow on November 9th 2019. The title of the talk will be From Behavioural to Cognitive Modeling in Recommender Systems
- I started my tenured position as associate professor at the University of Primorska Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies (UP FAMNIT)
- Together with Mehdi Elahi I am editing the special issue Algorithms for Personalization Techniques and Recommender Systems in the MDPI Algorithms journal. Submission deadline: 20. November 2019
- Together with Sole Pera I am chairing the Late-breaking Results - Posters and Demos at the ACM RecSys 2019 conference. The submission deadline is 1. July 2019
- I am co-organizing the 3rd Workshop on Theory-Informed User Modeling for Tailoring and Personalizing Interfaces (HUMANIZE) at ACM IUI 2019 conference. With Mark Graus, Bruce Ferwerda, and Panagiotis Germanakos
- Our paper Personality and taxonomy preferences, and the influence of category choice on the user experience for music streaming services has been published in the journal Multimedia Tools and Applications. With Bruce Ferwerda, Emily Yang, and Markus Schedl
- Our paper Prediction of music pairwise preferences from facial expressions has been accepted as a long paper at the ACM IUI 2019 conference. With Nima Maleki, Matevz Pesek, Mehdi Elahi, Francesco Ricci, and Matija Marolt
- I will give a tutorial on Emotions and Personality in Recommender Systems on October 2 at RecSys 2018 in Vancouver. The material can be found here
- I am co-organizing the International Workshop on Decision Making and Recommender Systems 2018 (29-30 November 2018, Bozen-Bolzano, Italy) with Francesco Ricci, Markus Zanker and Mehdi Elahi.
- I am co-editing the UMUAI Special Issue on User Modeling for Personalized Interaction with Music with Markus Schedl and Peter Knees. Submission deadline for extended abstracts: 1. June 2018.
- Our book Group Recommender Systems : An Introduction (Springer), edited together with Alexander Felfernig, Martin Stettinger and Ludovico Boratto, will be on the shelves from March 2018.
- I have been habilitated as Associate Professor (Professore di II. fascia) in Italy by the national habilitation committee (Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale) for the area 09/H1 (ING-INF/05).
- Starting with January 2018 I will be member of the editorial board of the Springer User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction journal (2016 impact factor 3.625).